Tax Document Checklist
Are you unsure of what you need before you get your taxes prepared?? Below is a checklist of documents to help you save time and help us accurately complete your tax return. Before you contact us review the checklist. Help us maximize your check!!PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN
- Last Year's Tax Return
- Valid Photo Identification
- Interest (1099-INT)
- Dividend Slips (1099-DIV)
- Stock Sales (1099-B or Broker Statement)
- Self-Employment Income and Expenses
- Sale of a Personal Residence
- Rental Income and Expenses
- Sale of any Business Assets
- Gambling or Lottery Winnings
- State Income Tax Refund
- Pension Income (1099-R)
- Estimated Taxes Paid
- Social Security or Railroad Retirement
- IRA or 401(k) Distribution
- Unemployment Compensation
- Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC)
- Cancellation of Debt (1099-C)
- Medical Expenses
- Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
- Mortgage Interest (Form 1098)
- Charitable Contributions
- Employee Business Expenses
- Gambling Losses
- Moving Expenses
- Traditional IRA Contributions
- Higher Education Expenses
- Educator Expenses
- Student Loan Interest
- Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Adoption Expenses
- Retirement Savings Contributions
Are you still waiting for your employer to mail or hand-deliver your W-2? If your employer uses W-2 Express or ADP as its payroll data provider, you may able to download your W-2 using one of the links below.
W-2 Express (PIN # provided by your employer)
Tax Preparation Services
We prepare accurate tax returns for a wide range of clients. From simple personal returns to small business returns.. If you wish to do so, we can also electronically file your tax returns. We offer several bank products with no out of pocket cost. Individual Tax Preparation (Federal, State & Local)
- Preparation and review of form 1040 and all associated schedules
- Preparation of all 50 state personal income tax returns.
- Preparation of federal, state and local small business tax returns
- Federal and state estimated tax payments
- Prepare communications in response to taxing authority's notice
- Correspondence Assistance
- Year-Round Tax Service
- Preparation and review of federal and corporate and partnership returns
- Preparation of disclosure requirements
- Assistance with calculating federal and state estimated tax payments
- Providing fast, efficient, cost-effective tax compliance processes
- Preparation of state and local returns including income/franchise, sales/use, property tax and escheat
Did you know late returns, amendments, prior years, state returns, and estate returns can be filed all year long?
Clients can elect to have their refund direct deposited into their existing checking or savings account. They can also elect to have their refund loaded onto a prepaid debit card.6-8 Weeks – Paper Return (Tax Refund Sent to Your Home Address)
If you’re not in a rush to receive your tax refund, you may want to have your check mail to you. If you choose the option of mailing your return, you can receive your refund directly from the IRS. Direct deposit is an additional option with the mailing of your return. Your refund will be deposited into your personal bank account within 11 to 17 days after your return is received and accepted by the IRS. When you choose this option, all fees are paid at the time of service.
PERSONAL TAX SERVICES
Personal Tax Service
We take time to get to know each of our clients in order to provide them the best service at competitive rates. We spend time to learn about the new tax codes every year, so you can get the lowest tax liability, or the highest refund. We will make sure that you get every deduction and credit that you are entitled to. We offer year-round tax preparation and planning services at a rate that will fit your budget. You can count on Low Cost Tax Man, Tax Services to make tax time less stressful for you.
Are you tired of the impersonal approach of the big tax preparation chains? Tired of being shuffled in and out in 15 minutes? We discuss your situation and try to find every deduction and credit you are legally entitled to.
Our clients usually come to us when they have a change in their circumstances. We can help. Did you buy or sell a house? Did you buy a car or recently move to the area? These changes can all result in deductions that can reduce your tax bill and increase your refund.
We are much less than the big chains and our fees are tax deductible! The most expensive way to have your taxes done is to do them yourself!
Haven’t filed taxes for several years?
No big deal! We’re experts at bringing you up to speed.
Want your refund fast?
We offer E-filing at no extra charge. Ask us for details.
Don’t leave money on the table!
We go over your situation and find every deduction that you’re qualified for. Studies show 89% of taxpayers don’t get all the deductions!